Sesame Seed Crackers
One thing I haven’t been able to find in the store which has been rather inconvenient is grain-free crackers. So why not make some?
I found a recipe for paleo herb crackers from Multiply Delicious that looked simple and that I pretty much had the ingredients for:
– 2c almond flour
– 1/2tsp sea salt
– Favorite herbs (they used pizza seasoning and rosemary, I used coriander and thyme)
– 2tbsps water
– 1 egg white (save the yolk – optional)
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1/4teaspoon grape seed oil (although they said coconut)
– Roll it all out to 1/8inch thickness between parchment paper (or between a silicon mat and a piece of waxed paper) (and if you don’t have a rolling pin you can use a pint glass, haha – I should maybe invest a bit more in my kitchen someday!)
– Then, if you want to use your discarded egg yolk you can paint the top with it (I don’t have a brush, shocker, so I used a paper towel, which worked), although in a blind taste test my friend ended up liking the non-egg yolk version
– Then sprinkle the top with sesame seeds (if you want, which I did, hence the title)
– Then cut it into whatever size crackers you want
– Then bake at 350*f for 10 minutes, and then let them sit in the cooling oven for a bit and then let cool completely and then eat!
So excited to be able to dip these in hummus or make little hors d’oeuvres!