Balsamic Black Pepper Pork Chops with Caramelized Onions
I have never cooked pork chops before, but honestly these just looked so pretty in the package at the store that I decided to get them, and then had to figure out what to do with them. Well, this recipe from A Sweet and Savory Life called for all things I had on hand, and looked interesting enough, so it was perfect!
– Sprinkle the pork chops with cracked pepper, salt, and thyme
– Cook in oiled skillet over med-high heat until starting to brown on each side but still a little pink in the center (I guess 3-4 min per side for regular chops – mine were super thin so I had to adjust) and set aside
– Add chopped onion to the pan, along with ~1/4c balsamic vinegar and some water (they say broth, but there was a lot of juice from the chops left in my pan so I didn’t bother)
– Cook til the onions are soft and the whole thing turns a little jammy
– Add the chops back to the pan to combine, and then serve!