Almond Butter Banana Smoothie
More kefir smoothies! (It’s the only thing I’m reliably making every day) and for anyone not into kefir, you can just use some sort of yogurt and milk-type substitute.
Anyway, this one I took from Stacy Makes Cents except that she uses peanut butter and adds in wheat germ and I think has a lower kefir content and higher honey content, but it’s all to taste!
– Kefir (however much you have/want)
– 1 banana
– Heaping tablespoon of almond butter
– Honey to taste (I just put in a bit and it still tasted a little sweet to me for some reason)
– Vanilla (this was brilliant)
– Something to make it more substantial if you want – I added chia seeds (a little soured on the protein powder at the moment… 1) it’s super processed, no matter what it’s made of, 2) I realized when I went to refill my jar of it from the big container that I had that mine was soy protein, which in my (albeit not-super-informed) opinion is the most processed and bad for you. So yeah, chia it is!)