Roasted Beet and Butternut Squash Soup
I did end up making soup with the roasted beets and squash that didn’t make it into the sausage dish and it was delicious and easy. All I did was:
– Caramelize onions in coconut oil and a little water reserved from blanching the beets and squash
– Add in the roasted beets, squash, onion, and garlic
– Cover it with more blanching water and spices, including thyme, paprika, salt, pepper, and a bay leaf
– Let it simmer for a while
– Blend it with my immersion blender – best invention ever!
– Serve it with a drizzle of olive oil from my sun-dried tomato jar
One thing to remember is to take the bay leaf out before you immersion-blend. I didn’t remember this, and surprisingly the taste was fine, but it was a little rough on the blender.