Grilled Eggplant Parmesan
Wow this one was good! I got the recipe from Food and Wine Magazine – the actual magazine, from the subscription from my lovely brother! Anyway, I’ve never tried to make traditional eggplant parm, but based on what I’ve had at restaurants, this is nothing like it, and SO much better. It’s light, and has amazing flavor combinations – it tasted like grilled Greek spring!
Here’s what I did:
Sliced thinly, brushed with olive oil and salt and baked at 450*f for a few minutes:
– portabellas (not called for, but a great addition!)
Layered the grilled veggies with a mixture of:
– kalamata olives (they called for green)
– goat cheese and some kind of Parmesan-Swiss blend, I think (they called for fontina)
– cayenne (they called for chillies)
– basil – the more the better!
Baked the whole thing on a cookie sheet at 450*f for ~15 minutes!
Eat it hot or reheat it later, doesn’t matter, so good.