Chocolate Beet Muffins
These were a bit weird, and I wasn’t originally planning to make them so I had roasted the beets with garlic, salt, pepper, and grape seed oil – oops! But I rinsed them and they didn’t take like any of that. They did have a pretty strong flavor, though, and since the original recipe from Hungry Chicken Homestead says to boil them, I would recommend that.
– Boil and mash the beets ~1c
– Melt in 4oz of semi-sweet chocolate (this was double what they said to put in because I halved the recipe wrong. They also said to use unsweetened)
– Melt in ~4tbsp of coconut oil (this was a lot so you can experiment with less)
– Mix together 4.5 eggs,
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1/2c coconut flour
– 1/2tsp baking soda
– 1/2tsp salt
– They said to add in maple syrup, which I didn’t because my chocolate had sugar, but I probably still could have added in a little
– Add in nuts if you want – I used walnuts
– Spoon into a greased muffin tin and bake at 400*f ~15 minutes
– Serve! These were better the next day. Weird but good, and I think they could be tweaked to make red velvet cake!