I found this recipe from Marin Mama Cooks on Gojee (which has a decent food app again, thank you!) and even though we started late, and it’s kind of a process, it was totally worth it.
Put all this stuff in your immersion blender food processor attachment to make the marinade:
– 1/2 bunch cilantro
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1tsp lime zest
– 1tsp orange zest
– Lime juice – they say from 2-3 limes, but I only had 1
– Orange juice from 1 orange
– Healthy splash of tamari (they say soy sauce)
– Healthy splash of olive oil
– Pour most of the marinade into a bag with the chicken and let it sit 20 min or so (save some marinade to pour over the end result – highly recommended!!)
– Broil the chicken skin-side down for ~5 minutes, and then skin-side up for ~15 minutes, with the chicken ~5 inches away from the top
– Let it sit out of the oven for a few minutes before you cut into it so it can reabsorb the juices
– Serve with extra fresh marinade poured over it
Side note: When we took the chicken out of the marination bag, there was a lot of marinade left in the bag. It’s so delicious we didn’t want to throw it out, but since it was contaminated with raw chicken we couldn’t use it at the end, and it wouldn’t work to pour it over the broiling chicken because it would all just fall into the pan. So what did we do? We used it to sauté mushrooms and kale. This was super delicious, especially the mushrooms which seemed to soak up the flavors the perfect amount. I think I would suggest serving this with something other than the chicken, however, because the marinade is pretty specific tasting so it’s easy to tell it’s the same thing.
Pingback: Zucchini Kale Soup with Ginger and Garlic | Chameleon Kitchen