I found 2 recipes that I drew on for this dish. One from VegInspirations, which is the one I followed more closely, and one from The Lotus and the Artichoke which seemed a little more involved, but used some cool ingredients. Here’s what happened:
– Sauté chopped red onion in coconut oil
– Add ginger, eggplant, salt, tamari (Veg said soy sauce), paprika and cayenne (Veg said chili paste, which I don’t have), red curry paste, and water if needed
– I also added tomato (Lotus suggestion) (Veg said green bell pepper)
– Once the veggies are cooked, add coconut milk, cilantro, basil (Lotus suggestion), and cashews (Lotus, again)
– Serve over quinoa (or white rice, as both recipes suggested)
This turned out really well, but I think it could have been more flavorful. I think next time I would have added more ginger, more tamari (I didn’t really measure), garlic, and maybe coriander or chili flakes – other Lotus suggestions. Also probably more cayenne, as it didn’t end up having quite enough of a kick.