Almond Biscuit Strawberry Shortcake
I was having people over for brunch and wanted to try out some gluten-free baking that doesn’t require ingredients like “xanthum gum”. Enter Strawberry Shortcakes by Spry Living. These were so beautiful and delicious that my non-GF brunch friends were asking for the recipe (to which I said, don’t worry, it will be on my blog in a few days). Well, the source recipe is linked above, but here are the basics:
The biscuits were just
– 2c almond meal
– 1/2tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 3 tbsp butter cut into all of the above
– 2 eggs
– 2 Tbsp honey
– 1 tsp vanilla all mixed together and then added into the dry
– Spoon it out onto a parchment paper-lined (or greased*) baking sheet into 6-8 biscuits
– Bake at 350*f for 15-20 min
– Cut in half and fill with chopped strawberries mixed with honey and Greek yogurt also mixed with honey (at least that’s what we did – Spry suggests whipped cream, but I think I will use sweetened Greek yogurt instead of whipped cream going forward – so good!)
*Note: we accidentally got waxed paper instead of parchment paper, which I guess is not a good substitute! So instead I just greased the pan with a bunch of butter. This worked totally fine! But keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
For how amazing these turned out, you would think they were way worse for you. Seriously, world, try this one out.