Macadamia-Ricotta Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Ham
The original recipe from Nom Nom Paleo calls for these to be wrapped in prosciutto instead of ham, which I’m sad we weren’t able to do – but only because then the title of this would be more appealing, not because these left anything to be desired! (They also originally made them with stuffed prunes instead of dates, so maybe the appealingness evens out…) So so so delicious. Appetizer course of the dinner Rebecca and I made, and I didn’t really help with this one at all, but I (and everyone) loved them so much that I wanted to share!
First, make the ricotta:
– Blend together 1c raw macadamia nuts, 1/4c water, juice of 1/4 lemon, and a pinch of salt
– Pull the pits out of the dates (or prunes)
– Fill the dates with the ricotta
– Wrap them in the ham (or prosciutto, or bacon, or probably anything else!)
– Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and broil (preheated) 4-6in from the top for 2-4 minutes until the ham starts to brown
– Top with drizzled balsamic and black pepper, and serve!