We wanted to make s’mores but it was the middle of the day and we didn’t have a fire going, so our first thought was to make a bunch of them in the oven. But then we thought to make a s’mores pie with a graham cracker crust, a layer of chocolate, and then marshmallows on top. We decided to look up a recipe from Gimme Some Oven which made it a bit more complicated, but totally delicious and fun and pretty!
– Mix together graham cracker crumbs and butter and mold them to the bottom of a pie pan (I don’t think we measured either of these ingredients – just make it so it’s a somewhat sticky and solid consistency)
– Bake the crust for ~15 minutes at 325*f to set
– Mix together the pie filling ingredients:
— 1c hot milk (they say 3/4c cream and 3/4c milk, heated on the stove, but we didn’t have cream and we just microwaved it – it just needs to be hot enough to melt the chocolate, in my opinion)
— Chocolate – we did a mix of Hershey’s and bakers unsweetened, maybe about 8oz total
— 2 eggs beaten (wait til the mixture cools a little to whisk these in)
— Vanilla – we put in a lot
— Dash of salt
– Pour this into the crust and then bake at 325*f for ~20 minutes until the sides are set and the middle is jiggly
– Chop a bunch of marshmallows in half and arrange them on the top of the pie in a pretty pattern
– Broil the pie on low from the middle rack for a couple minutes until the marshmallows start to brown – watch it!
– Let cool and serve!!
Yay summer!! So glad you’re finally here!!! Have a great Memorial Day everyone!!!