Kale, Cucumber, and Carrot Salad with Avocado Tahini Dressing
I googled the three vegetables I had in my fridge: kale, cucumber, and carrots (nice alliteration in that, huh?) and found this salad from Savvy Vegetarian. Super simple, except for the dressing part which they didn’t explain, but which I made up.
– Kale, torn to pieces and massaged with olive oil until it’s soft and bright green
– Cucumber – I chopped mine into quarters and then thin slices
– Carrot – I used a peeler to make thin strips, and then I roughly chopped those
– (They call for scallions and parsley which I didn’t have)
They just say “Avocado Tahini” and luckily I had both of those. I mixed together:
– Equal parts avocado and tahini
– A squirt of lime
– A splash of apple cider vinegar
– Salt and pepper
– Water to thin it out into normal dressing consistency
And if you want some protein, you can add meat or fish to this easily – I added canned salmon which was fine.