Sweet Potato Muffins
I googled ‘sweet potato’ and ‘yogurt’, since that’s what I had in my fridge that needed to be eaten, and got this recipe from Kitchen Space. I changed it somewhat, as per usual, and the result was a hearty and delicious, gluten-free muffin that wasn’t too sweet and had good texture!
Here’s what I did:
1) You need a cup of mashed sweet potato. I baked one in the oven for probably close to an hour at 350, and then just scooped the flesh out into a bowl
2) Added ~3/4 c Greek yogurt, 1 egg, 2 Tbsp water, 2/3+ cup coconut sugar (whole foods stopped carrying sucanot?? Wtf!!), 1/4 c coconut oil (they ended up very coconutty, and I think this was the culprit, not the sugar), ended up using my dying immersion blender to mix, as the sweet potato wasn’t as soft as I thought – oops.
(Side bar: my immersion blender really is dying. If you have any suggestions of a new, amazing one I should get, please let me know!!)
3) Added 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 1/2 c of this sprouted, raw, gluten-free flour that was awesome!!, and mixed lightly
4) Spooned it into a coconut-oiled muffin tin (the recipe says it makes 10 muffins, I easily got 12).
5) Sprinkled them with pumpkin seeds (my idea – highly recommended!!)
6) Baked them at 350*f for 15 minutes
7) Tried not to eat all of them in one night