In the original recipe from Cara’s Cravings they grill the avocado to give it a smokey flavor, but I live in an apartment so I don’t have one of those. Also the roasted flavor of the eggplant I think was good enough.
- Roast eggplant at 375*f for ~50 minutes. They say one big one, I used 5 little ones, including a twin!
- Also roast a bulb of garlic, or part of a bulb and some shallots in my case
- Smush those all together and then smush in avocado
- Add a splash of an acid – they say lemon juice, but I used apple cider vinegar.
- Add spices, like salt, pepper, paprika, and cumin
- (Add chopped red onion if you want – I didn’t have any and it was fine)
- Mix and serve!
Definitely different, but it was good. Kind of like a cross between guacamole and baba ganoush I guess.